Wednesday, June 2, 2010


I know that accidents happen but when it's your fault it's hard to let it go. Last week I was walking the laptop from one room to another and sure enough, it crashed to the floor. The screen was gone instantly and looks so sad I hate to even look at it. The good news is that the computer part of it works just fine so I had to go buy a TV. to hook it up to as a monitor and waste more money. The one good thing that I had on my side is a patient wife that isn't attached to "things" and just said "don't worry about it tonight and just go get a screen tomorrow" . Such patients! I also had a gift from Bob, A BOOK!!!! I know that sounds crazy for anyone that knows me really well, I read a lot I just hate books. I want news, weather, sports and any weird stuff and move on. The book is about self deception and thinking about other people and not just yourself....... Hmmmmm so not just how I'm frustrated with the computer maybe how my wife is feeling? It was a literary punch in the face to read a book that is about life and real things that happen to you and that has been my whole problem with reading books in the past. I don't want nor care to read fiction but if it's a biography or a history book I'm in.
This whole trip and experience has brought out the best in us so far and it continues to every day. We are trying new things (swing class, painting, BOOKS!) and so far loving the fact that we are the type of people that are willing to try anything once and put our old perceptions of things aside and get outside of the box. We are growing together and as individuals and that is going to keep us strong and happy for a long time to come and is just one more reason this is such a great time in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment